B2B Sales Manager
Stable Kernel is a custom software and technology firm built on Atlanta’s Beltline. We partner with SMBs and Fortune 100s to commercialize and scale software and Internet of Things initiatives with an emphasis on an engaging user experience (UX) and making data actionable. We take an active role in evaluating our client’s problems and opportunities, planning and presenting a software solution, and then implementing and delivering it. This allows our teams of strategists, researchers, software developers and product designers to constantly challenge themselves with new problems and technologies. We take pride in building long-term partnerships with high-profile clients like Rheem, BMW, and Sallie Mae Bank.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our team of sales strategists. Our ideal candidate would have experience selling software and have a level of technological understanding. Some of the projects we sell might contain multiple components – from a simple application to a system consisting of HTTP APIs, databases, mobile and web applications. Our projects are most often brand new applications and systems we architect so it is important for this candidate to understand different pieces of technology and how they work together.
A Stable Kernel Sales Manager would have strong communication skills to uncover our client’s needs and then work with our team of researchers, developers, designers and project managers on putting together a successful product roadmap. The Sales Manager will work directly with the Stable Kernel’s Account Executive with department supervision led by the Managing Partner. The primary responsibilities of the Sales Manager are lead generation, lead qualification and sales account management, sales research and sales team support.
The role is critical for company growth and profitability through new customer acquisition. The career track for the Sales Manager is based on performance and achieving defined outcomes/KPIs, which determine opportunities for upward mobility and a promotion to an Account Executive.
We’re looking for a person who thrives in a challenging environment, collaborates and works well with teams, has a strong work ethic and individual drive, is motivated to learn and grow, works well under pressure, is accountable and delivers assignments on time.
- Research and identify new business opportunities and prospects
- Lead generation – outbound prospecting via email, calls, social, events, etc.
- Lead qualification for inbound and outbound leads
- Account management for some existing clients
- Work with the sales team to strategize and execute sales campaigns, identify target groups, and generate your own leads
- Assist with strategy for sales enablement materials/collateral
- Proposal creation and delivery
- Ensure Stable Kernel achieves company funnel/pipeline objectives via numerous lead generation activities
- Additional lead generating responsibilities include assistance with determining prospecting/networking events and quarterly research reports on industry trends and market opportunities
- Prior B2B sales or sales enablement experience
- Experience within the technology industry and software sales
- Exudes professionalism and competency
- Proven results for acquiring new customers and generating leads
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Google suite
- Capable of managing internal sales tools suite, daily updates to CRM, report preparation, proposal presentation, meeting coordination
- Proficient with cold calling and outbound campaigns to database contacts
- Demonstrates ability to identify sales opportunities and new clients
- Energetic and dynamic “hunter” personality
- Demonstrate confidence and be comfortable proactively engaging with prospects and customers in social settings
- Independent, intelligent and rapid learner eager to improve knowledge on current technology and grow professionally
- Strong written, verbal communication and organizational skills and a consultative-selling approach
- A positive attitude, desire to take initiative and persistence with interacting and qualifying prospects