Client Engagement Manager
As a Stable Kernel Engagement Manager, you play an essential role in setting our portfolio of world-class clients up for success through the development and delivery of their most innovative, transformational initiatives. Your positivity, candor and effectiveness make you the Engagement Manager that clients request to have assigned to their projects, time and time again.
You are equal parts delivery expert and trusted advisor to internal and external project stakeholders, ensuring deliverables are thoughtfully developed, expectations are clearly articulated, and projects are completed both on time and on budget.
You are a true partner to our sales, strategy, and technical professionals and collaborate with them throughout the client life cycle to ensure outstanding work, documentation, and customer service.
Some of your responsibilities include
- Building and maintaining trusting, consultative, long-term relationships between our clients and our company
- Managing a portfolio of client accounts and assisting those clients with new and existing projects
- Aligning closely with the sales, strategy and execution teams to
- determine scopes of work, goals, outcomes, measurements, vendor relationships, and project staffing plans
- manage RFP processes
- support SOW creation and review process
- identify other business opportunities within existing accounts
- Mentoring junior Client Engagement Managers
- Creating project-specific plans and schedules and overseeing project status throughout the software development life cycle
- Tracking and communicating progress, defects, and issues throughout the software development life cycle
- Proactively mitigating and managing critical escalations and at-risk accounts
- Creating and delivering compelling presentations, reports, and communication to both client and internal stakeholders
- Ensuring projects and products are delivered on-time and within budget
- Ensuring compliance with all client and Stable Kernel policies
- Tracking and reporting of profitability and utilization for projects and resources
SK Engagement Managers exemplify and demonstrate:
- Organizational skills
- Quick & effective problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Committed practice of our company values
Our ideal candidate
- 7+ years of experience working in consulting, professional services, or similar services-based organizations. Equally comfortable navigating between business teams and technical teams.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven client negotiation skills
- Proven track record of maintaining or growing key accounts
- Proven experience writing business requirements documents
- Exceptional communication skills
- PMP Certification, CSPO – Certified Scrum Product Owner, or similar
Nice to haves
- Experience with JIRA, Smart Sheet, and Harvest
- Experience with CRM tools such as HubSpot
Generous total compensation package
Base Compensation Range: $95,000-115,000
- Health, vision and dental plans at 100% personal coverage
- 401k with above-average company matching
- $3000 annual industry educational budget
- Paid time off and paid holidays (including a floating holiday)
*Note – We are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. If you are currently in possession of an employment visa, it will need to be effective for at least 3 years from the date of your application for your candidacy for employment to be considered.
Stable Kernel’s culture is inclusive and expansive. We celebrate diversity in its many glorious forms and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender role orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. However, we will discriminate against those unwilling to comply with the practice of our company values:
- we work with integrity always
- we respect our work and each other
- we are dedicated to life-long learning and sharing
- we stay hungry for new challenges
If you are like-minded in this regard, we hope you will apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Why you'll love us
- Access to endless learning opportunities
- Award-winning wellness programs and initiatives
- Choice in primary work location & flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Located in one of Atlanta’s most popular neighborhoods on the BeltLine
- Fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Monthly happy hours, celebrations and company outings
Stable Kernel engineers are ambitious, constant learners
We take an active role in evaluating our client’s opportunities, planning and presenting a software solution, and then implementing and delivering it. These projects might contain multiple components – from a sophisticated mobile application to a system consisting of HTTP APIs, databases, mobile and web applications, and millions of connected devices around the world.
We often architect brand new applications and systems which allow our engineers to use the latest and greatest languages, frameworks and operating systems – giving endless opportunities to become a more well-rounded engineer.
Our roots run deep in technology
At Stable Kernel, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest talent in the industry with leadership from Joe Conway, award-winning author, founder and CEO. Joe is recognized in the developer community for his best-selling iOS programming book that led to him teaching 2000 professional software engineers at Facebook, Apple, Cisco, AT&T, Microsoft and more.
Our leadership’s desire to help others grow is embedded in the culture here, which is why one of our four core values is to learn and share.
It is too easy for a software engineer’s career to plateau; to get stuck; to stop learning.
And it’s scary to plateau because there is so much more to learn each day and you start to feel behind. We’re changing that.
Our software engineers take personal growth seriously, and we help them by building individualized career growth plans that extend beyond just learning new frameworks and programming languages – although there is plenty of that – but teaching the adjacent and soft skills that enable everyone’s fullest potential and unlock new career opportunities.