Stable Kernel enables companies to better engage with their customers. We architect and develop custom software solutions that unlock data to provide insights into customer behaviors. From concept definition, to market research and insights, to solution testing and design, our disciplined approach to scalable software solutions opens doors to better customer relationships. We’re able to do this work because of our incredibly talented, engaged and collaborative team of highly skilled professionals.
The Director of Engineering reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer and works closely with other Engineering and Delivery Department leaders.
As our Director of Engineering, you will have opportunities to drive decisions that influence the path of our software development best practices, serve as a mentor to the members of the Engineering Department to help them in their career growth, and cross-collaborate with other departments within the company.
Above all, your work and contribution will help continue to build an environment where our engineers have an exceptional employee experience and are highly engaged in a job they love.
- Coach Software Engineering Team in the pragmatic application of various software design and development methodologies
- Coach engineers and junior managers to become servant leaders and understand the business implications of decision making
- Ensure team is aligned with SK’s mission, values, and imperatives
- Lead role-specific employee Onboarding/Offboarding responsibilities
- Work closely with Account Managers to understand prospect life-cycle
- Provide specifications for qualified prospects to Delivery for SOW generation
- Work closely with Delivery to make sure project milestones are met and engineers are performing up to or exceeding expectations
- Help align resources for new and existing projects to optimize engineer efforts
- Define gaps between Delivery and Engineering and develop processes to help bridge them
- Work closely with clients to help understand needs, solve issues, and provide value
- Present a State of the Union to the Executive Leadership Team on a biannual basis
- Maintain partner and vendor relationships
- Good stewardship of company resources
- Help execute company strategic vision and ensure goals are met throughout the ranks of your department
The Director of Engineering at Stable Kernel will exemplify and demonstrate the following qualities:
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
Our ideal candidate has:
- The ability to thrive in a hybrid work environment
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, or relevant industry experience.
- 10+ years of managing software development teams
- Experience working in a consulting or professional services organization
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- The willingness to take on new challenges and build on current skills
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
Generous total compensation package
Target Compensation: $150,000
- Health, vision and dental plans at 99.9% personal coverage
- 401k with above-average company matching
- Group Life and Short Term Disability Insurance at no cost to employee
- Optional Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account participation
- $3000 annual industry educational budget
- Paid time off and paid holidays (including a floating holiday)
*Note – We are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. If you are currently in possession of an employment visa, it will need to be effective for at least 3 years from the date of your application for your candidacy for employment to be considered.
Stable Kernel’s culture is inclusive and expansive. We celebrate diversity in its many glorious forms and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender role orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. However, we will discriminate against those unwilling to comply with the practice of our company values:
- we work with integrity always
- we respect our work and each other
- we are dedicated to life-long learning and sharing
- we stay hungry for new challenges
If you are like-minded in this regard, we hope you will apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Why you'll love us
- Access to endless learning opportunities
- Award-winning wellness programs and initiatives
- Choice in primary work location & flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Located in one of Atlanta’s most popular neighborhoods on the BeltLine
- Fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Monthly happy hours, celebrations and company outings
Stable Kernel engineers are ambitious, constant learners
We take an active role in evaluating our client’s opportunities, planning and presenting a software solution, and then implementing and delivering it. These projects might contain multiple components – from a sophisticated mobile application to a system consisting of HTTP APIs, databases, mobile and web applications, and millions of connected devices around the world.
We often architect brand new applications and systems which allow our engineers to use the latest and greatest languages, frameworks and operating systems – giving endless opportunities to become a more well-rounded engineer.
Our roots run deep in technology
At Stable Kernel, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest talent in the industry with leadership from Joe Conway, award-winning author, founder and CEO. Joe is recognized in the developer community for his best-selling iOS programming book that led to him teaching 2000 professional software engineers at Facebook, Apple, Cisco, AT&T, Microsoft and more.
Our leadership’s desire to help others grow is embedded in the culture here, which is why one of our four core values is to learn and share.
It is too easy for a software engineer’s career to plateau; to get stuck; to stop learning.
And it’s scary to plateau because there is so much more to learn each day and you start to feel behind. We’re changing that.
Our software engineers take personal growth seriously, and we help them by building individualized career growth plans that extend beyond just learning new frameworks and programming languages – although there is plenty of that – but teaching the adjacent and soft skills that enable everyone’s fullest potential and unlock new career opportunities.