Kotlin + Android Engineer
We strive to deliver products with impeccable quality. Come join our team of Android experts.
Our ideal candidate is someone with 3 years professional experience with Android + Kotlin. The technologies we most often use for Android development are:
- Dagger 2
- Reactive Programming (RxJava/RxKotlin)
- Android DataBinding
Once joining Stable Kernel, you will be a part of a product team including:
- UX/UI designer
- Software engineers
- Market researcher
- Project manager
- Quality assurance engineer
- Technical product owner
- Software architect
A typical project takes anywhere from 4 months to a year or more and has between 3-10 team members. A product team is dedicated to one client project at a time, and you will be a part of a long-term team that works together to build world-class applications – from strategy and research through implementation and delivery.
All work is done in our beautiful office in Atlanta, GA with walking access to the BeltLine. Because we believe teams work best when they are constantly collaborating, we do not have remote employees – but we do have a flexible work from home policy. Learn more about what it’s like to work at SK from one of our engineers.
*Note – We are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. If you are currently in possession of an employment visa, it will need to be effective for at least 3 years from the date of your application for your candidacy for employment to be considered.
Stable Kernel engineers are ambitious, constant learners
We take an active role in evaluating our client’s opportunities, planning and presenting a software solution, and then implementing and delivering it. These projects might contain multiple components – from a simple application to a system consisting of HTTP APIs, databases, mobile and web applications and custom IoT platforms.
Our projects are often brand new applications and systems we architect which allows us to use the latest and greatest in languages, frameworks, and operating systems – giving you opportunities to become a more well-rounded engineer by learning how to write applications on mobile, browser and cloud platforms.
Over the course of three years, most Stable Kernel engineers will write applications on all of these platforms. An engineer’s salary rises as they demonstrate this ability.
Who We’re Looking For
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience writing Android applications, specifically:
- Obtaining and retaining authorization with an OAuth 2.0 API
- Making HTTP API requests and modeling data with types.
- Develop user interfaces designed by a UX/UI designer and communicated via Sketch.
- Dynamically populating views with data.
- Writing logic to respond to user, network and browser events
- Make documented pull requests with GitHub, create and rebase branches, and push commits to a remote branch.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with the intent to align on and meet team objectives.
- Consulting / working and communicating with clients
Compensation and Your Future at Stable Kernel
This role’s salary range is from $90,000 to $120,000 depending on the breadth and depth of their development experience.
Software engineers who demonstrate extraordinary technical, communication and planning capabilities are promoted to Technical Product Owners who then will lead individual product teams.