Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Stable Kernel is a custom software and technology firm based in Atlanta, GA. Our in-house product teams partner with Fortune 500s to navigate the unknown – that space between an identified problem and a future-focused solution. We strategize, architect, design, develop and commercialize custom software that builds our clients’ businesses.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have opportunities to learn new technologies, make decisions that influence the path of a product roadmap, collaborate daily with other engineers and product team members, leverage software development best practices, and develop new skills to become a more well-rounded engineer.
Above all, your work and contribution will help some of the largest companies in the world be more successful and the products you build will impact hundreds and thousands of users every day.
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for an engineer with 5+ years of professional experience with all of the following:
- cloud-based technologies (AWS or Azure)
- dev-op tooling (Kubernetes, Docker required with GitHub Actions a plus)
- development frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, Spring Boot)
You will be a part of a long-term product team that works together to build world-class applications – from strategy and research through implementation and deployment, and each team is dedicated to one client project at a time.
A typical product team includes multiple software engineers, a UX/UI designer, market researcher, project manager, quality assurance engineer and software architect.
Our work is done either out of our beautiful office in Atlanta, GA with walking access to the BeltLine or from remote offices in the Atlanta area. Though most of our employees are currently working from home, as part of our team you will have the option to work in our office once it reopens. Our ideal candidate is based locally in Atlanta or is willing to work remotely.
*Note – We are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. If you are currently in possession of an employment visa, it will need to be effective for at least 3 years from the date of your application for your candidacy for employment to be considered.
Stable Kernel engineers are ambitious, constant learners
We take an active role in evaluating our client’s opportunities, planning and presenting a software solution, and then implementing and delivering it. These projects might contain multiple components – from a sophisticated mobile application to a system consisting of HTTP APIs, databases, mobile and web applications, and millions of connected devices around the world.
We often architect brand new applications and systems which allow our engineers to use the latest and greatest languages, frameworks and operating systems – giving endless opportunities to become a more well-rounded engineer.
Our roots run deep in technology
At Stable Kernel, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest talent in the industry with leadership from Joe Conway, award-winning author, founder and CEO. Joe is recognized in the developer community for his best-selling iOS programming book that led to him teaching 2000 professional software engineers at Facebook, Apple, Cisco, AT&T, Microsoft and more.
Our leadership’s desire to help others grow is embedded in the culture here, which is why one of our four core values is to learn and share.
Our commitment to the open-source community
At Stable Kernel, we’re problem solvers by nature. That’s why we created Aqueduct – an open-source, HTTP server framework for building scalable REST APIs with Google’s Dart. We encourage our developers to contribute to Aqueduct and other open-source projects that capture their interest.
Why you'll love us
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Health, vision and dental plans at 99.9% personal coverage
- 401k with above-average company matching
- $3000 annual industry educational budget
- Access to endless learning opportunities, including Udemy’s online learning portal
- Dog-friendly office
- Located in one of Atlanta’s most popular neighborhoods on the BeltLine
- Fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Flexible work-from-home environment
- Monthly happy hours, celebrations and company outings
- Award-winning wellness programs and initiatives
It is too easy for a software engineer’s career to plateau; to get stuck; to stop learning.
And it’s scary to plateau because there is so much more to learn each day and you start to feel behind. We’re changing that.
Our software engineers take personal growth seriously, and we help them by building individualized career growth plans that extend beyond just learning new frameworks and programming languages – although there is plenty of that – but teaching the adjacent and soft skills that enable everyone’s fullest potential and unlock new career opportunities.
Some of your responsibilities include…
- Working with development teams and project managers to ideate software solutions
- Developing client-side and server-side solutions
- Writing effective APIs
- Mentoring and coaching other team members
- Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading software
- Creating security and data protection settings
- Writing technical documentation
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years experience developing web-based and mobile applications
- At least 5 years experience with common stacks and cloud technologies. AWS or Azure experience notably.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Nginx) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- A commitment to working inline with our company values
- Strong organizational skills
- A team player with a knack for visual design and utility
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field or experience
This role’s salary target is $120,000.