Stable Kernel is growing, and we are looking for a Software Architect with 5 years of experience developing with multiple modern programming languages and paradigms and experience with common stacks and cloud technologies.
The Software Architect (SA) plays a critical role in delivering quality software for Stable Kernel. The SA shall be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions that address complex business issues and provide technical leadership within the Stable Kernel Engineering department. The SA is responsible for ensuring that projects meet or exceed Stable Kernel’s Code Governance expectations, can scale without failure, and follow best practices.
Above all, your work and contribution will help some of the largest companies in the world be more successful and the products you build will impact hundreds and thousands of users every day.
- Delivering detailed design documentation internally and externally that provides a true representation of a given project. Documentation includes but is not limited to architectural blueprints, API descriptions, system diagrams, and administrative instructions.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Troubleshoot problems quickly and efficiently all the way down to the code level
- Mentoring software engineers in best practices throughout the SDLC
The Software Architect shall be well versed in:
- Multiple modern programming languages and paradigms
- Cloud technologies and different cloud stacks
- Industry standards and best practices
A Software Architect at Stable Kernel will exemplify and demonstrate the following qualities:
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
Our ideal candidate
- Thrives in a hybrid environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, or similar
- 5 years of experience as a software developer/engineer
- Experience working in a consulting or professional services organization
- UML experience
- Exceptional communication skills related to facilitating the use of new software systems
- Ability to keep up with IT advancements
Nice to Haves:
- AWS or Azure Certifications
- Knowledge of data security and encryption
Generous total compensation package
Minimum Base Salary: $135,000
- Health, vision and dental plans at 100% personal coverage
- 401k with above-average company matching
- Group Life and Short Term Disability Insurance at no cost to employee
- Optional Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account participation
- $3000 annual industry educational budget
- Paid time off and paid holidays (including a floating holiday)
*Note – We are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. If you are currently in possession of an employment visa, it will need to be effective for at least 3 years from the date of your application for your candidacy for employment to be considered.
Stable Kernel’s culture is inclusive and expansive. We celebrate diversity in its many glorious forms and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender role orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. However, we will discriminate against those unwilling to comply with the practice of our company values:
- we work with integrity always
- we respect our work and each other
- we are dedicated to life-long learning and sharing
- we stay hungry for new challenges
If you are like-minded in this regard, we hope you will apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Why you'll love us
- Access to endless learning opportunities
- Award-winning wellness programs and initiatives
- Choice in primary work location & flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Located in one of Atlanta’s most popular neighborhoods on the BeltLine
- Fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Monthly happy hours, celebrations and company outings
Stable Kernel engineers are ambitious, constant learners
We take an active role in evaluating our client’s opportunities, planning and presenting a software solution, and then implementing and delivering it. These projects might contain multiple components – from a sophisticated mobile application to a system consisting of HTTP APIs, databases, mobile and web applications, and millions of connected devices around the world.
We often architect brand new applications and systems which allow our engineers to use the latest and greatest languages, frameworks and operating systems – giving endless opportunities to become a more well-rounded engineer.
Our roots run deep in technology
At Stable Kernel, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest talent in the industry with leadership from Joe Conway, award-winning author, founder and CEO. Joe is recognized in the developer community for his best-selling iOS programming book that led to him teaching 2000 professional software engineers at Facebook, Apple, Cisco, AT&T, Microsoft and more.
Our leadership’s desire to help others grow is embedded in the culture here, which is why one of our four core values is to learn and share.
It is too easy for a software engineer’s career to plateau; to get stuck; to stop learning.
And it’s scary to plateau because there is so much more to learn each day and you start to feel behind. We’re changing that.
Our software engineers take personal growth seriously, and we help them by building individualized career growth plans that extend beyond just learning new frameworks and programming languages – although there is plenty of that – but teaching the adjacent and soft skills that enable everyone’s fullest potential and unlock new career opportunities.