Stable Kernel is growing, and we are looking for a Software Engineer with 3 years of experience developing mobile applications with an emphasis on native Android development and 2 years of experience with common stacks and cloud technologies.
As a Software Engineer, you will have opportunities to learn new technologies, make decisions that influence the path of a product roadmap, collaborate daily with other engineers and product team members, leverage software development best practices, and develop new skills to become a more well-rounded engineer.
Above all, your work and contribution will help some of the largest companies in the world be more successful and the products you build will impact hundreds and thousands of users every day.
Some of your responsibilities include…
- Working with development teams and project managers to ideate software solutions
- Developing client-side and server-side solutions
- Writing effective APIs
- Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading software
- Creating security and data protection settings
- Writing technical documentation
Our ideal candidate
- At least 3 years experience developing mobile applications with an emphasis on native Android development.
- At least 2 years experience with common stacks and cloud technologies. AWS or Azure experience notably.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Nginx) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- A commitment to working inline with our company values
- Strong organizational skills
- A team player with a knack for visual design and utility
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field or experience
Generous total compensation package
Base Compensation Range: $115,000 +
- Health, vision and dental plans at 99.9% personal coverage
- 401k with above-average company matching
- $3000 annual industry educational budget
- Paid time off and paid holidays (including a floating holiday)
*Note – We are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. If you are currently in possession of an employment visa, it will need to be effective for at least 3 years from the date of your application for your candidacy for employment to be considered.
Stable Kernel’s culture is inclusive and expansive. We celebrate diversity in its many glorious forms and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender role orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. However, we will discriminate against those unwilling to comply with the practice of our company values:
- we work with integrity always
- we respect our work and each other
- we are dedicated to life-long learning and sharing
- we stay hungry for new challenges
If you are like-minded in this regard, we hope you will apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Why you'll love us
- Access to endless learning opportunities
- Award-winning wellness programs and initiatives
- Choice in primary work location & flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Located in one of Atlanta’s most popular neighborhoods on the BeltLine
- Fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Monthly happy hours, celebrations and company outings
Stable Kernel engineers are ambitious, constant learners
We take an active role in evaluating our client’s opportunities, planning and presenting a software solution, and then implementing and delivering it. These projects might contain multiple components – from a sophisticated mobile application to a system consisting of HTTP APIs, databases, mobile and web applications, and millions of connected devices around the world.
We often architect brand new applications and systems which allow our engineers to use the latest and greatest languages, frameworks and operating systems – giving endless opportunities to become a more well-rounded engineer.
Our roots run deep in technology
At Stable Kernel, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest talent in the industry with leadership from Joe Conway, award-winning author, founder and CEO. Joe is recognized in the developer community for his best-selling iOS programming book that led to him teaching 2000 professional software engineers at Facebook, Apple, Cisco, AT&T, Microsoft and more.
Our leadership’s desire to help others grow is embedded in the culture here, which is why one of our four core values is to learn and share.
It is too easy for a software engineer’s career to plateau; to get stuck; to stop learning.
And it’s scary to plateau because there is so much more to learn each day and you start to feel behind. We’re changing that.
Our software engineers take personal growth seriously, and we help them by building individualized career growth plans that extend beyond just learning new frameworks and programming languages – although there is plenty of that – but teaching the adjacent and soft skills that enable everyone’s fullest potential and unlock new career opportunities.