Software Project Manager
We strive to deliver products with impeccable quality. Come join our team of successful software project managers.
Stable Kernel is a custom software and technology firm built on Atlanta’s Beltline. Our customers are companies that invest in the creation of software products that we design and develop; these are usually large companies that sell something other than software. We take an active role in evaluating our client’s problems and opportunities, planning and presenting a software solution, and then implementing and delivering it. This allows our teams of strategists, researchers, project managers, software engineers and product designers to constantly challenge themselves with new problems and technologies.
We take pride in building long-term partnerships with high-profile clients like Rheem, BMW, Sallie Mae Bank and more. Check out our website to see the innovative projects we work on
What sets a Stable Kernel project manager apart
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team. As a Project Manager at Stable Kernel, your primary responsibility is to ensure the success of our custom software development projects by effectively collaborating with and managing our product team members: project coordinators, software engineers, UX/UI designers and QA specialists. Our projects range from mobile (iOS & Android), to web (frontend & backend), to Internet of Things (IoT) applications, and our clients are drawn from multiple industries who are looking for a long-term software partner.
Our ideal candidate has 3-5 years experience with a software project life cycle and strong knowledge of both software and product development implementation. Great communication skills and a positive attitude are critical to the success of this role.
In an ever-changing environment, you’ll work proactively and responsively to bring together a wide variety of resources, departments and people. You’ll use your attention to detail, combined with a focus on task completion and solid understanding of project management techniques to guide projects toward a successful execution.
We do not follow one specific project management methodology. Instead, we embrace an adaptive approach that meets the needs of each project whether they apply towards tooling, roles, communication styles and schedules.
Professional Trajectory: Once the Project Manager has gained ample experience in this role, they may gradually be assigned more complex projects and/or leadership roles. Additional roles may also be considered based on individual interest and skill.
Who We’re Looking For
This position requires an extremely organized, efficient and effective individual, with the ability to be a jack-of-all-trades for software development projects. Some of your key performance objectives are:
- Tracking progress towards deliverables
- Identifying and mitigating risks
- Motivating project team members
- Conducting regular retrospectives
- Monitoring project triple constraints (scope, timeline, and budget)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations and requirements
- Create, manage, and deliver against project plans of varying sizes, complexities and platforms
- Keep clients informed on project statuses: budget, timeline, and overall progress towards project milestones
- Work with Lead Developer and Client to identify appropriate PM software (by project), which will vary, since we are software agnostic, project-to-project
- Ensure we meet Service Level Agreements and prescribed quality standards, as set by the Client, and agreed to by Stable Kernel
- Champion ways we can be a more valuable partner to our clients
- Work with project teams to perform regular project retrospectives as it’s imperative that we always work to become better
- Establish project management and risk mitigation strategies to address project risks and prevent scope creep
- Regularly communicate metrics, challenges and opportunities to internal stakeholders
- Identify change orders, generate necessary documentation, and negotiate such change orders with the client
- Work with project teams to manage schedules, scope projects, assets, and overall project organization
- Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria to stakeholders and the team members while providing motivation, direction, and overall feedback to teams
- Mentor those with less experience as we grow the Project Operations Team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Understanding of project management methodologies, techniques, and tools
- Understanding of software development and mobile applications
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Practice and apply positivity, empathy, flexibility, adaptability, and focus
- Familiarity with a project management tool (Jira, Confluence)
- Working in cross-functional teams