Senior UX/UI Designer
Stable Kernel is a custom software and technology firm based in Atlanta, GA. Our in-house product teams partner with Fortune 500s to navigate the unknown – that space between an identified problem and a future-focused solution. We strategize, architect, design, develop and commercialize custom software that builds our clients’ businesses.
As a senior-level UX/UI Designer with at least 8-10 years of experience, you will actively contribute to the growth and development of our company, and to the impressive work we deliver to our clients. We’re looking for an experienced professional with a special blend of flexibility, confidence, empathy, and pragmatism — not to mention a passion for detail and a creative spirit.
As a Stable Kernel Senior UX/UI Designer, you will have opportunities to work on different products that span multiple industries for enterprise-level clients, guide our clients in the best direction for their business needs, collaborate daily with other product team members, leverage design best practices, and deliver engaging, memorable experiences across multiple media.
Above all, your work and contribution will help some of the best-in-class companies in the world be more successful by designing products that will impact hundreds and thousands of users every day.
- Impact projects as a UI/UX Design generalist with experience in all phases of software product development lifecycle from ideation, UX architecture and planning, to delivery and continued iterative work on post-launch products.
- Meaningfully contribute to 1-3 projects at a time in different phases of the product development lifecycle, having direct conversations with client stakeholders, and being involved in scoping work and planning timelines for new business.
- Participate in and lead co-creative client workshops and discovery meetings
- Quickly build domain knowledge by interviewing stakeholders and users
- Conduct usability tests and summarize, share, and apply your findings
- Architect application flows and help define features
- Build wireframes as well as high-fidelity polished screens for multiple platforms and devices (including iOS, Android, web, and more)
- Create and maintain comprehensive design documentation to drive engineering implementation
- Develop low and high fidelity prototypes for testing user flows and describe interface animations and interactions
- Confidently communicate and present your work to clients, engineers, and your fellow designers on a daily basis
- Always strive to learn and improve, and to share that knowledge with your colleagues and clients
- Carry projects from start to finish by working closely with a variety of project teams
- Thrive under time pressure with limited supervision
- Help build the Stable Kernel culture, brand and company with your unique vision, style and skills – we build this company together
Intimate familiarity with:
- Sketch, Figma, and/or Adobe XD, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Prototyping software (Invision, Figma, Framer, Principle, Flinto, etc)
- Designing shipped products
- Working closely with engineers
- Working directly with clients
- Articulating design decisions to clients, engineers, and others with varying levels of technical detail
- Constructing UX flow diagrams in Miro (RealTimeBoard) or other diagramming software
- Designing UI for multiple platforms and devices
- Delivering excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication
- Completing tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Being effective in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment though your initiative, ownership, and responsiveness
Nice to haves:
- Experience coding in HTML, CSS, or JS
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum software development environment
- Experience with other prototyping, motion design, animation, and design tools
- Solid design chops outside the realm of UX/UI
- Experience with user testing
- Leadership experience or desire to lead a team
Stable Kernel’s culture is inclusive and expansive. We celebrate diversity in its many glorious forms and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender role orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. However, we will discriminate against those unwilling to comply with the practice of our company values:
- we work with integrity always
- we respect our work and each other
- we are dedicated to life-long learning and sharing
- we stay hungry for new challenges
If you are like-minded in this regard, we hope you will apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Why you'll love us
- Access to endless learning opportunities
- Award-winning wellness programs and initiatives
- Choice in primary work location & flexible work schedule
- Dog-friendly office
- Located in one of Atlanta’s most popular neighborhoods on the BeltLine
- Fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Monthly happy hours, celebrations and company outings
Our roots run deep in technology
At Stable Kernel, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest talent in the industry with leadership from Joe Conway, award-winning author, founder and CEO. Joe is recognized in the developer community for his best-selling iOS programming book that led to him teaching 2000 professional software engineers at Facebook, Apple, Cisco, AT&T, Microsoft and more.
Our leadership’s desire to help others grow is embedded in the culture here, which is why one of our four core values is to learn and share.