stable|kernel is a consultancy, focused on building great mobile software for clients. Our company builds mobile applications for other companies – ranging from large enterprises to startups. We take an active role in evaluating our client’s problems and opportunities, planning and presenting a solution, and then implementing and delivering it.
We’re looking for a Junior Market Researcher to join stable|kernel’s Market Research Department. The Jr. Market Researcher will be responsible for supporting the VP of Customer Insights and Strategy. The stable|kernel Market Research Department provides custom qualitative and quantitative research to our clients. We strive to uncover insights and create strategic narratives that lead to actionable ideas, which result in the best business decisions for our clients.
Interested? Here’s what you will do:
Market Research Support
- Manage field service firms and quantitative suppliers
- Manage online forums using qualitative platforms
- Assist with the development of concepts and branding ideas
- Co-moderate or support moderators during focus groups or ethnographic interviews
- Test programming and manage fielding for quantitative studies
- Write banner plans and manage external data processing teams
- Create timelines and track budgets
- Assist the VP in the creation and delivery of custom market research reports (qualitative and quantitative)
- Develop content in support of the reporting (video clips, data visualization, graphs, etc.)
Project Management and Administration
- Work closely with research teams, field partners, facilities, data management centers, and other external suppliers/partners
- Maintain and update budgets; process and track invoices
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion
- Demonstrate confidence during interviews; show a true interest in diverse subjects
- Be able to translate rough interview transcripts into clear, concise themes
- Show initiative, ownership, and responsiveness in an ever-changing environment
- Strong computer skills, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in a market research environment, including project setup, field management and a basic awareness of standard research methodologies
- 0-2 years of market research, agency or journalism experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel (US only; approximately 4-6 times per year)
- Bachelor’s degree required with journalism, marketing, anthropology, sociology, or mathematics degree preferred
- Experience with SPSS or other data analysis packages
- Advanced proficiency in Excel including advanced functions, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Experience working with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Experience editing or clipping audio or video files for presentation purposes
- Be passionate about technology and software; stay on top of industry news and developments
If this sounds like a challenge you’re ready to take on, please contact us—be sure to include examples of your writing (any kind of writing) along with your cover letter.