Stable Kernel is an award-winning software and technology firm located on the BeltLine in Atlanta, GA. Founded by Joe Conway, Stable Kernel invests heavily in our employees to successfully deliver high-quality software products to our clients, and we are looking to add a Junior QA Specialist to our growing team.
This entry-level position will report directly to the VP of Operations and will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle. The right candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to listen, question and understand business needs relative to our software solutions. The individual has to have the capacity to follow guidelines, but also bring new ideas, suggestions and execute tasks on his/her own. Having a ‘team mentality,’ work ethic, passion and curiosity are a must. Must have a ‘can do attitude’ to meet our diverse and vibrant culture. Though this role is junior, this position has immense opportunities to develop and grow quickly.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Understand project requirements by collaborating with our client stakeholders to create test cases
- Work with our internal project managers, developers, designers and key stakeholders
- Analyze and streamline the existing QA processes and communicate advantages to the client
- Lead and manage key quality activities like test case creation, requirements traceability, and defect triage
- Identify potential quality issues per defined process and able to properly and respectfully communicate potential issues to project management team
- Ensure validated deliverables meet functional design specifications and requirements
- Isolate, replicate and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Work with the client to address questions and/or concerns during User Acceptance Testing so releases are done in a timely manner
- Execute test cases and report, define severity and prioritize for each defect
- Conduct integration and regression testing, and facilitate UAT for all IT projects using SDLC guidelines
- Create program and procedure documentation as well as user guides
- Conduct manual QA testing and use our management internal tools (Jira, Confluence, etc..)
- Endless opportunities to grow within the project management and/or development team